Inspired by the Jimmy Fallon show, this game is a great way to inspire students of all ages. You will need a pen and a cue card (or two) for each student.
- If possible, watch this clip (appropriate for all ages) http://youtu.be/m8KPyk-8aYk
- Have students imagine the name of a (possibly silly) dance they have never seen before but would like to see someone else try, and write it on a cue card
- Collect the cue cards, shuffle them and have the students spread out in the space
- The instructor or a student will then choose a card, read out the name, and everyone will improvise their own interpretation of the dance
- This can also be done in Soul Train formation, with students in two lines facing each other (and doing step touch & clap on the beat). The pair of students at the head of the lines will choose a card and improvise the suggested dance down the centre aisle