This fun twist on the classic Canadian Living recipe includes chia seeds for great texture and added protein.
2/3 c. softened butter/margarine
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 2/3 c. rolled oats
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. allspice
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
1/2 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. raisins
1. Preheat oven to 375ᵒF. Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla until fluffy.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together dry ingredients. Add chia seeds, chocolate chips and raisins, plus any other add-ins you’ve chosen.
3. Add dry ingredients into wet, stirring just until combined.
4. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden. Makes about 36 cookies.